The Florida American Legion Riders is formed to promote the aims and purposes of The American Legion as a family oriented motorcycling activity for members of The American Legion, The American Legion Auxiliary, and the Sons of The American Legion.
To participate in the parades and other ceremonies that are keeping with the aims and purposes of The American Legion.
To promote motorcycle safety programs and provide a social atmosphere for the American Legion Family members.
To use our association to promote and support programs of The American Legion and charities of the local community.
Legion Riders Today
More than 106,000 Riders in over 2,200 American Legion Rider Chapters, organized by local American Legion posts and departments worldwide, actively support American Legion programs in every state and in several countries overseas.
The Riders represent one of The American Legion’s fastest growing and most visible activities, as they perform service activities in their communities and participate in the annual cross-country Legacy Run, their premiere fundraising event.
Riders in all states have escorted military units returning home from combat tours overseas and have raised millions of dollars for countless local state and national charities.
The Riders are supported by Legion posts, Sons of The American Legion squadrons, American Legion Auxiliary units as well as departments and private donations.
True to the Legion’s grass roots tradition, each chapter manages the programs at the post level where the best ideas are born. The Riders are a part of many programs and events, including:
- American Legion Legacy Run – Annual cross country fundraising ride to the National Convention city.
- POW/MIA Memorial Ride & Ceremony – Annual ride in Jacksonville, over the Seven Bridges, and ending at the National POW/MIA Memorial for a POW/MIA Ceremony.
- Merry-go-Round – Annual, month long, state-wide fundraiser for Children & Youth Programs.
- Florida Summit – Annual State Summit for Legion Riders, with vendor expo, classes, and more.
- Round Robin – Annual, month long, state-wide fundraiser for PROJECT: VetRelief’s Suicide Prevention Initiative.
- In-State Unity Ride – State-wide ride and fundraiser for PROJECT: VetRelief’s Suicide Prevention Initiative. Starts with a Meet & Greet event.
- State Rally – Closing celebration of the In-State Unity Ride.
- Numerous other events and rides, such as the Rolling Thunder, to honor fallen military men and women and to protect the sanctity of the funerals from those who dishonor their memory.