Hotel / Venue
Next Convention | July 1-4, 2021
The 2021 Department Convention will be held at the Orlando World Center Marriott. To receive our special rate be sure to ask for the “American Legion” room block.
Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32821
Rate: $144.00 + tax (subject to change)
Group Code: American Legion
Cut-Off Date: June 1, 2021
Resort Fee: Optional under American Legion Group
Cancellations: Cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival will forfeit one night’s room and tax.
About the Orlando World Center Marriott
Experience the world of possibilities of Orlando World Center Marriott. Only minutes from the Disney theme parks, our Lake Buena Vista, Florida hotel provides a convenient shuttle service included in the resort fee. Relax and recharge in spacious hotel rooms that feature featherbeds, mini-refrigerators, reading chairs, large desks and Wi-Fi. Many rooms offer balconies with views of the nightly light show or the pools. Upgrade to a family-friendly suite for expanded living and dining space. Play 18 holes on our challenging golf course, work out in the modern gym, take the plunge in our of outdoor pools, relax in one of our cabanas or ride on one of our two 200-foot waterslides. Rejuvenate before or after a busy day in our full-service spa and indulge at one of our exceptional hotel restaurants.
World Center Marriott Parking
The Orlando World Center Marriott parking arrangements below are subject to change.
- Overnight guests may use their room key to gain access in and out of the parking lot at any time. Your final bill will reflect a zero parking charge.
- Day guests can receive a discounted parking voucher from Department Headquarters. See full instructions below.
- Handicapped parking in the garage will be free of charge. Must have the proper license plate or hang tag. Once all handicapped spaces are full, valet parking will be offered at a discounted rate.
Garage clearance is 7’4″. Free self-parking for guests with plug-in hybrid or electric vehicles.
Parking Instructions for Day Guests Only
Please approach the Self-parking and stop at the gate. Press the blue button and you will receive a white ticket. After parking, please keep this ticket with you. You can enter the building by taking the walkway from the 3rd floor of the garage or by taking the shuttle available just outside the garage on the 1st floor. Visit Department Headquarters to pickup your discount parking voucher.
When departing, please take both your white ticket, and the color discount voucher to one of the prepay parking stations on the 1st or 3rd floor of the garage. Follow the instructions on the station by inserting first the white ticket, then the discount voucher. Your payment will then be $5. Pay using credit card or cash. Once you pay, the machine will return the white ticket. Take this with you and enter it into the machine at the parking gate as you exit. This will open the gate allowing you to depart. If there are any questions at the gate, please press the silver button and an attendant will assist you.
If you have additional questions, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check-in: 4:00 PM
- Check-out: 11:00 AM
- Express Checkout
- Video Review Billing, Video Checkout
- Guest rooms Wireless
- High Speed: Check email + browse the Web – $14.95 per day
- Enhanced High Speed: Video chat, download large files + stream video – $19.95 per day
- Lobby and Public Areas
- Complimentary Wireless
- Meeting Rooms
- Wireless, Wired
- 28 floors, 1,883 rooms, 121 suites
- 74 Meeting Rooms
- Pets not allowed
- Beauty Shop
- Buffet Breakfast, $28 and up
- Continental Breakfast, $21 and up
- Grab-n-Go breakfast, $12 and up
- Coffee/tea in-room
- Concierge desk
- Game room
- Housekeeping service daily
- Laundry on-site, coin operated
- Limousine Service
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Room Service, 6:00 AM – 2:00 AM
- Safe deposit boxes, front desk
- Shoeshine stand
- Valet dry-cleaning
- Video games
- Virtual Concierge Available
Guest Room Amenities
- Alarm clock
- Bottled water, for a fee
- Coffee maker/tea service
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini fridge
- Pull-out sofa bed
- Rollaway bed
- Cable/satellite TV, including HBO, movies/videos pay-per-view
- Mini-bar: all rooms, beverages and/or snacks for a fee
- Hair dryer
There are numerous restaurants located within the Orlando World Center Marriott. For convenience of our members, there will also be specially priced buffets and menus through out the restaurants. A list will be provided upon check-in.
- Dining Services
- Siro Urban Italian Kitchen
Siro Urban Italian Kitchen tempts with innovative Italian cuisine. This funky, creative restaurant near Orlando’s Disney serves classic dishes with a flair all its own.
Open for breakfast and dinner | Dress code: Casual | Menu
1-407-238-8619 | Make a Reservation
- Falls Pool Bar & Grille
Spend the day by one of our outdoor pools and sample the savory bites from Falls Pool Bar & Grill under the Orlando sunshine. Enjoy replenishing cocktails and your lunch or dinner favorites from the extensive grill menu as you sink into relaxation.
Open for lunch and dinner | Dress code: Casual | Menu
- Central Pantry
Central Pantry is the perfect stop for busy people exploring Orlando or returning from nearby Disney. Come in and grab delicious, freshly-made restaurant items, including everything from gourmet flatbreads and salads to bakery items and frozen yogurt.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner | Dress code: Casual | Menu
Grab a rich coffee or another of your favorite beverages and a freshly baked pastry at Starbucks® before heading off to meetings or a day spent at nearby Walt Disney World.
Open for breakfast and lunch
- The Lobby Lounge
Sip on cocktails and nosh on Sushi and small plates while socializing with friends at our Lobby Bar.
Open for dinner | Dress code: Casual | Menu
- Accessible guest rooms have a 32″ wide opening
- Fitness center entrance is accessible
- Main entrance is accessible
- Pathway to registration desk is accessible
- Registration desk is not accessible
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Service animals allowed for persons with disabilities
- Business center entrance is accessible
- Hotel has on site accessible self-parking
- Meeting spaces are all accessible
- Pool entrances some are accessible
- Restaurants and lounges are all accessible
- Self-operating lifts or sloped entry are available for some pools
- Spa entrance is accessible
- Copy service
- Fax service
- Fee for each additional page of outgoing fax
- Full-service business center
- Messenger service
- Network/Internet printing
- Notary public
- On-site Business Center is Staffed
- Overnight delivery/pickup
- Secretarial service
Airport Information & Directions
Kissimmee Gateway Airport (ISM)
Airport Phone: +1 407-847-2821
Hotel direction: 10 miles NE
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Estimated taxi fare: $39 (one way)
Dyter Ave to US 192 West to S.R. 535. Turn right on S.R. 535 to S.R. 536, Turn left, hotel on the right.
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Airport Phone: +1 407-825-2001
Hotel direction: 17 miles SW
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Alternate transportation: Mears Transportation; fee: $22; reservation required
- Estimated taxi fare: $55 (one way)
South exit from airport to Greenway Tollroad South (Rt 417). Take Exit 6 (536 East), go through 2 lights and hotel will be on the right.
Property map of Orlando World center Marriott