United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10013924
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the examination may be limited.
Gulf Atlantic District
Job Posting Period
04/04/2016 – 04/18/2016
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
1100 KINGS RD JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203-9302
CONTACT INFORMATION: Margaret A. Simon-Anderson, Manager, Vehicle Maintenance Facility, 904-359-2832, firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 5823-0001
Non-Scheduled Days: VARIES
DRIVING REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
SALARY RANGE: $41,185 – $55,633 annual salary paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 114383
BENEFIT INFORMATION: This is a career position which offers excellent benefits. Newly hired employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Upon hire, employees are eligible to contribute into the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is similar to 401(k) plans. We also offer the option to enroll into the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program as well as the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI). Dental, Vision and Long-Term Care Insurance Programs as well as Flexible Spending Accounts to cover eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care (day care) expenses are also available. We offer ten paid federal holidays as well as accrued vacation and sick leave.
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and background checks will be conveyed by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondences to be received.
@usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com
EXAM REQUIRED: If you are invited to take this test, instructions regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email. Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity.
Manager, Vehicle Maintenance; Supervisor, Vehicle Maintenance; or other designated supervisor.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements:
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. However, if applicants are found to be under the influence or have had a drug-intake history, then they’d be banned from reapplying for a certain time and would be put under the care of a rehab centre like Hope Canyon Recovery or Legacy Healing Miami Fl for treatment options (If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, call the same centre posthaste). Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
Current non-career Postal Service employees who wish to apply for this vacancy must go to usps.com/employment and use your existing eCareer Profile to apply. Do not log into LiteBlue; if you logged into LiteBlue, log out and close your browser before going to usps.com/employment.
Performs routine and complex repairs and maintenance on all types of motor vehicles used in the postal fleet; troubleshoots and diagnoses more complex vehicle malfunctions using a variety of computerized test equipment; may provide assistance to lower level employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnoses operating difficiculties on a variety of vehicles and performs operational checks on engines; its major supporting systems, parts, components, assemblies; including emissions systems, electrical, computer and electronic controlled components.
- Performs various computerized and electronic diagnostic tests using specialized equipment; interprets trouble codes and other information from electronic scanners and test analyzers; uses reference materials such as service manuals and wiring schematics to determine operational difficulties, driveability problems and evaluates performance efficiency.
- Conducts visual and auditory vehicle inspections, road calls and road tests before and after maintenance and repairs; annotates vehicle problems on work orders.
- Provides technical guidance and instructions to mechanics and technicians on more difficult repairs and in the use of specialized computer-aided diagnostic equipment.
- Performs maintenance and repairs resulting from normal preventive maintenance inspections.
- Prepares and updates vehicle records, maintains vehicle records; annotates labor time, parts and/orequipment and other pertinent data on work orders.
- Performs engine tune-ups; removes, replaces, adjusts, cleans parts, components, assemblies and accessories; uses a variety of specialized test equipment to adjust systems and components to prescribed operating tolerances.
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning vehicles resulting from road calls and identifies improperly functioning part(s) and repairs or replaces.
- Repairs and replaces major components including transmissions , differentials, brake systems, power assist units, steering and suspension assemblies.
- Performs other job related duties and responsibilities in support of primary duties.
- Follows all established safety practices and procedures; complies with all postal, local, state and federal environmental regulations and policies.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting’s closing date. Applicants claiming veterans’ preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans’ preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.