Veteran Employment Opportunity – Merchants FoodService
- Jackson, GA
- Tifton, GA
- Ocala, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
Apply by WEB:
In the food service industry, great taste must be delivered on time. That’s what Merchants Foodservice does best. As a division of The Merchants Company, Merchants Foodservice is a traditional, broadline food service distributor that offers superior food and ingredients in bulk, from trusted names—including our Exclusive Brands.
As one of the fastest-growing wholesale food suppliers in the nation, our food and beverages supply over 6,000 commercial kitchens in nine states across the Southeast.
What sets Merchants Foodservice apart from other commercial food service distributors is the “extra measure of service” we provide. A level of responsiveness our customers have come to depend upon. That’s why Merchants Foodservice is a top food distributor for fine restaurants, hospitals, schools and institutions alike.
From beef and poultry, to fresh produce, frozen or pre-packaged specialty foods, and even supplies like mops, pan liners and paper plates, we keep over 12,000 food and restaurant supplies in stock. Our food service trucks cover North and South Carolina westward through Tennessee and Georgia to Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas.
It will be the responsibility of the delivery driver to:
- Check route paper work prior to leaving yard
- Ensure that he/she has correct trailer & tractor
- Sign into on board computer with route no & id
- Drive Safely & follow all DOT rules & regulations
- Deliver all product error free & in a timely manner
- Collect any monies due as indicated by invoice
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Upon return to yard empty trailer (consolidate at domiciles )
- Separate, sort & account for all invoices
- Place all money envelopes in the safe or route bag
- Verify & sign off on pick up slips
- Any other driver duties that may be assigned
Skill, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of route delivery.
- Able to read & understand an invoice.
- Safe driving habits & driving record & acceptable MVR, able to lift 50+ pounds on a continuous basis.
- Customer Service attitude.
Physical Body Positions:
- Use of hands, arms, legs, eyes and voice.
- Requires basic communication and math skills. Must be able to comprehend industry terms. Computer literate, able to operate on board computer system
- Outside in all weather conditions.
- Tractor cab & inside trailer & customer premises including coolers & freezers
- High School or equivalent
Minimum two years driving experience with the proper license