American Legion Boys State is designed to bring out the best in America’s future leaders. Attendees are selected because they are the best representatives of both their schools and their communities. This pledge reminds all potential delegates of the honor and value that the American Legion has for and requires of each young man.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands.
I have never attended The American Legion Boys State.
I sincerely want to attend Florida Boys State, and if accepted, will, to the best of my ability:
- Take a serious and conscientious interest in discharging my duties as a citizen
- Obey the rules of Boys State
- Respect the judgment of the Boys State Director, Counselors and Staff
- Participate in all activities
- Seek election or appointment to office, and if elected or appointed, serve that office
- Keep myself neat and well-groomed at all times
- Avoid the use of profane language and actions
- Refrain from injurious habits such as the use of tobacco, alcohol and illicit drugs, and
- Upon my return home from Boys State, I will make a formal oral or written report of my week at Boys State and to thank my sponsor(s)
Are you an alumni of the Florida Boys State Program? If so, please join our group on LinkedIn.