JROTC Cadet of the Year
- 1ST Place – $2,500
- 2nd Place – $1,500
- 3rd Place – $1,000
- 4th Place – $500
- Student must be a member of a Florida high school approved JROTC unit.
- The student must be in their senior year of an accredited Florida high school.
- Only one student from each high school JROTC unit will be accepted. The Senior Military Instructor is responsible for choosing the cadet to receive the application.
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
- A letter of recommendation from the Commanding Officer of the JROTC unit telling why this cadet should be selected for scholarship over all others.
- A computer-generated copy of the cadet’s military record must be attached to the application. The record must include Ranks, Jobs, Awards and Events.
- High School Record form completed by a school official.
Download High School Record form.
- Certification form signed by student and guardian.
Download Certification form.
Deadline for submission: received by March 1st of the current school year.
Once you have collected and scanned the required documents listed above you may complete your application online, by email, or by mail to: The American Legion, Department of Florida; Programs Director; PO Box 547859; Orlando, FL 32854.
To download printable form, including High School Record Form and Certification form, click here. Form is fillable, but must be saved and opened in Adobe.