JROTC Cadet of the Year
- 1ST Place – $2,500
- 2nd Place – $1,500
- 3rd Place – $1,000
- 4th Place – $500
- Student must be a member of a Florida high school approved JROTC unit.
- The student must be in their senior year of an accredited Florida high school.
- Only one student from each high school JROTC unit will be accepted. The Senior Military Instructor is responsible for choosing the cadet to receive the application.
Application Must Include:
- A letter of recommendation from the Commanding Officer of the JROTC unit telling why this cadet should be selected for scholarship over all others.
- A computer-generated copy of the cadet’s military record must be attached to the application. The record must include Ranks, Jobs, Awards and Events.
- High School Record form completed by a school official.
- Certification form signed by student and guardian.
Deadline for submission: received by March 1st of the current school year.
Mail Completed Application to: The American Legion, Department of Florida; Programs Director; PO Box 547859; Orlando, FL 32854.