Opportunity for Mortgage-Free Homeownership
Homes for Independence and Abilities of Florida, a part of ServiceSource, have an initiative that is being developed to give a qualified person or persons with a disability or active-military, veterans, and surviving spouses, an opportunity for homeownership.
Crestview Villas Mortgage-Free Property Donation Program Eligibility
Property Address: 800 North Fiske Blvd Cocoa, FL
Veterans with a service related disability will be given preference, wounded warrior, veteran, surviving spouse, surviving parent, qualified active-military or a qualified person or persons with a disability
- Must provide a copy of your DD214 or a verification of a disability
- Must have been honorably discharged or active military
- Must complete application and the home must be primary residence
- All participants must have current verifiable income for utilities, property taxes, homeowner’s insurance, Homeowner Association fees, living expenses, and savings account contribution
- Excellent rental history; paying rent on time and taking care of your unit
- Must consent to a current credit and criminal background check
- Must provide two (2) letters of recommendation
- New owner will be responsible for taxes and insurance after time of transfer and condo association fees 1 year after time of transfer. Condo fees are $327 annually.
- A three-year deed restriction from the date of recordation will be placed on title to ensure successful completion of financial mentorship program, successful home ownership, and restricts a title transfer or rental of the property to a third party
Participation is required on the ceremony day of giveaway and a dress code policy will be enforced.
Giveaway November 6, 2019