From the Chairman
Are you an honorably discharged Veteran or Spouse of an honorably discharged Vet who needs help with career planning, professional development, or training on writing resumes? CareersourceFlorida.com has counselors who can assist you at no cost.
Go to the website CareersourceFlorida.com
- Click on Careers Seekers
- Scroll down and click on FIND YOUR LOCAL TEAM; sadly, each state area has different-looking websites.
- Type in your location to locate a local CareerSource office. The location will appear on the map.
- Click on the location closest to you. A box will appear on your selected office’s website.
- On the website, find and click on CAREER SERVICES. Information for Veterans will be in this area.
- CareersourceFlorida.com states that “Veterans receive priority of service.” Below are available career services:
- Schedule an initial consultation (Virtual or In-Person) to learn about Career Sources’ complimentary career services available to Disabled Veterans, Veterans, and Veterans’ Spouses.
- Advance Your Skills – Expand your career options with training and certification opportunities at no cost to you.
- Career Coaching – Get one-on-one support to update your resume and practice your interview skills.
- Career Placement – Let’s get you hired! We’ll connect you with employers hiring right now.
Posts if you have a Stand Down for Homeless Vets, reach out to the DEO Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Representative in your local CareerSource.com office to see if they would like to participate in the Stand Down.
REMINDER: December 19, 2022, is the deadline for the below Employment Programs Awards.
- National Employer of the Disabled Award
- Employer of Veterans Awards Small (50 or fewer employees)
- Medium (51 – 200 employees)
- Large (201 or more employees)
- Employer of Older Workers Award
- Employment Services Awards
Submit your awards packages by mail to:
American Legion, Dept. of Florida
Attn: Programs Director
PO Box 547859
Orlando, FL 32854
Fax to 407-299-0901 (Attn: Programs Director)