AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS DEPARTMENT OF FLORIDA
In Support of: Project VetRelief: Suicide Prevention Initiative
2023 Black Street Glide Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Raffle
Official Rules and Regulations
The following provisions are the official rules and regulations (hereinafter referred to as the “Official Rules and Regulations”) which govern the conduct and operation of the 2023 Black Street Glide Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Raffle (hereinafter referred to as the “Raffle”), a drawing of chance being operated by The American Legion Rider’s, and The American Legion, Department of Florida, which are nonprofit 501C-19 veterans organizations under the laws of the State of Florida.
- TICKETS FOR THE RAFFLE. A ticket for the Raffle (hereinafter referred to as a “Raffle Ticket” may be purchased for a suggested $20.00 donation per Raffle Ticket or $100 donation for six (6) Raffle Tickets. The number of tickets sold will not be limited. Raffle Tickets shall be purchased solely by methods selected and approved by the American Legion Riders, including, but not limited to, purchases made through (i) members of agents of the American Legion Riders, and (ii) any website provided by the American Legion Riders. A Raffle Ticket may be purchased in one name only. The American Legion Riders have not set any restrictions on the amount of Raffle Tickets that any person may purchase. No purchase or contribution is necessary to obtain a Raffle Ticket. Each Raffle Ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the prize enumerated below. Any prize and related tax liability will belong to the person named on the Raffle Ticket. If the drawing date has not changed (see drawing section below) ticket requests will be accepted up to the day and time of the drawing. Any requests and payments received following the cut-off time for the Raffle will be returned to the sender. All ticket sales are final. No refunds are available or will be made. Raffle tickets are non-transferable. American Legion Riders assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or non-delivered mail, email or fax messages, or any other failure to receive an order or deliver tickets or receipts prior to the drawing deadline. No reproduction of a Raffle Ticket is permitted. Any Raffle Ticket or entry form that is deemed in the absolute discretion of the American Legion Riders to be defective, illegible, or counterfeit will not be honored. The American Legion Riders will make a reasonable effort to notify any person who submits a Raffle Ticket or entry form that is not honored.
- ELIGIBILITY. The purchaser of a Raffle Ticket, or the person named on the Raffle Ticket (hereinafter collectively referred to as an “Entrant”), must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of the purchase of the Raffle Ticket. Raffle Tickets may not be purchased in the name of a business, trust, corporation, or other entity, or wherever prohibited by applicable law. An Entrant does not need to be present at the drawing of the winning Raffle Ticket to win. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. No purchase or contribution is necessary to enter the Raffle. A Ticket may be obtained by mailing a request for a free raffle ticket (one letter PER raffle entry) with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and notating the specific raffle ticket selection to the American Legion Riders, ATTN: Raffle Ticket Request, 1912A Lee Road, Orlando, FL 32810. The ticket will be mailed to you for completion. Tickets MUST be returned, ONE per envelope, to the same address to qualify for the raffle. Questions concerning ticket confirmation number(s) should be directed to the American Legion Riders (hereinafter referred to as the “Administrator”), at the address listed below.
- DRAWING. The drawing of the winning Raffle Ticket will be held on April 22nd, 2023. The date and place—and all other dates and places—stated in these Official Rules and Regulations may be changed at the absolute discretion of the American Legion Riders at any time. The American Legion Riders does not reserve any discretion to cancel the Raffle at any time. The prize drawing will be open to the public.
- PRIZE. One (1) grand prize will be awarded to the winner of the Raffle. The winner of the Raffle received a 2023 Black Street Glide Harley-Davidson motorcycle with an appraised fair market value of $30,000 (Hereinafter referred to as “Prize”) being donated by Bert’s Barracuda Harley-Davidson of Pinellas Park, FL. This vehicle is accepted “AS IS,” and American Legion Riders does not in any way, expressly or impliedly, give any warranties to the winner. The American Legion Riders expressly disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The winner of the Raffle may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release to use their likeness for publicity purposes. No additional prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules and Regulations, then the potential winner will be disqualified from the Raffle and the prize will revert to the American Legion Riders. The Internal Revenue Service position is that the amounts donated for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawing for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. The winner must complete an IRS form W-9 and the appropriate federal taxes must be paid by the winner before collecting the prize. The winner must pay all state taxes, title, and registration fees. The prize does not include any trailer upon which the vehicle has been displayed.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNER. The winner(s) of the Raffle will be notified via U.S. mail, email, or telephone by the Administrator. The winner(s) of the Raffle will need to provide proper identification to the satisfaction of the American Legion Riders. The winner(s) of the Raffle must claim the prize within 30 days from the drawing. The winner(s) of the Raffle will be instructed as to how to claim the prize at the time of the notification by the Administrator. Any questions should be relayed to the Administrator at the contact information below. Entrants may obtain the winners’ name by sending a written request, plus a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Administrator at the contact information below.
- PRIVACY. By entering the Raffle, Entrants agree that their names, likenesses, and/or information provided in connection with the Raffle entry may be used for communications conducted for the benefit of the American Legion Riders, vehicle donor, Bert’s Barracuda Harley-Davidson, or any donors of any part of the prize. These uses include, but are not limited to, being disclosed to, and used by the news media and otherwise being used for publicity purposes in area newspapers or other media, including print venues, television, radio or online (including the website of the American Legion Riders and prize donors). An Entrant may subsequently “opt-out” of the receipt of such communications by following the directions in any email or other means of communication, or by contacting the Administrator at the contact information below. Except as specifically provided in this provision, the information of an Entrant will not be shared with or sold to any other person or entity.
- WAIVER/LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Raffle, Entrants release the American Legion Riders and all prize donors and their respective entities, affiliates, agents, representatives, sponsors, service agencies, and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, partners, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to participation in the Raffle, the possession, use and distribution of the prize awarded, and all losses or injuries (including to earnings, profits or goodwill), damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims and action or any kind arising in connection with the Raffle or the prize awarded. An Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach by the American Legion Riders shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her Raffle Ticket(s), and such Entrant shall not be entitled to any incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages under any circumstances.
- GOVERNING RULES, REGULATIONS AND LAW. By participating in the Raffle, the purchaser of a Raffle Ticket specifically acknowledges that he or she is aware of and agrees to abide and be bound by the rules, limitations and restrictions contained in the Official Rules and Regulations, and further specifically agrees that the Official Rules and Regulations solely govern the conduct and operation of the Raffle. The Official Rules and Regulations, together with the decision of the American Legion Riders are binding on every Entrant. The Official Rules and Regulations may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by the American Legion Riders If any provision of the Official Rules and Regulations or the application of any such provision to any person or circumstance shall be held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision hereof. No modification of the Official Rules and Regulations shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and permitted assigns of each Entrant. The Raffle is being conducted in accordance with and is governed by the laws of the State of Florida. The officer to participate in the Raffle is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
The American Legion, Dept of FL
1912A Lee Road
Orlando, FL 32810