2017 Annual Merry-go-Round
Saturday, April 1, 2017 thru Sunday, April 30, 2017
This event month long event is intended to get Legion Family out to visit other Posts/Districts and attend events (like dinners/fundraisers/bike nights etc). Designed similar to the District 1 “Unity Ride” getting Chapters out and riding together to support Legion Programs, promote The American Legion, gain members, and raise funds/awareness for C&Y programs.
The ALR Chairman Jim Day created a trophy made from “parts” that is passed around to each Chapter in the winning District until the next Merry-go-Round.
- Submit all funds raised and list of activities by midnight 5/15/17
- Members must sign-up during the event
- Must have 3 or more people per ride
- No other rules
- Every online $5 registration earns 50pts
- Every new Legion Family member signed-up is 100pts
- Every new Legion Rider member signed-up is 100pts
- Visit the Annual Children & Youth Picnic held @ Post 117 in Palm Bay on April 1st, 2017
- Participate in the Annual Florida ALR Legacy Ride. Visit the Post stops while the ride is there or join in on any portion of the ride.
- Every mile outside the District will be doubled
- Every hour volunteered 20pts per hour per person
- Every $ raised is worth 1pt per $ (raffles, 50/50, booze baskets, begging for funds, whatever else you can do to raise $$)
- Custom “parts” trophy made by ALR Chairman, awarded to winning district for 1 year
- Bragging Rights
- Fun, Fun and more fun
Trophy will be awarded to the winning District @ Convention in June.
Legion Riders/Family let’s get out there and ride and raise some money for Legion Programs. We all know that ALR are a power house when it comes to fundraising. Now let’s show Dept. of Florida some numbers!!
Will District 5 keep it another year….. Or will they loose it……