December is here, “Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2022”!
If you wanted to attend the next Florida American Legion College session, but have not submitted your 2021 application, you must now wait until the next session in 2022.
What can I do before the next session opens? Good Question, do the following:
- Basic Training online by going to Legion.org.
- Obtain a copy of the Officers Guide 2021 and read it in its entirety.
- Attend District training.
- Attend any Department training.
- Ask your District Commander about training opportunities.
Ask your District Commander, District Vice Commander, Area Commander, Zone Commander and/or PDC for information about upcoming training sessions. One of them might be able to provide you with valuable information. Regardless, always check out the Officers Guide for information and read up on the following manuals:
- Adjutant manual
- Membership manual
- Training videos at (Floridalegion.org) and (legion.org)
- Forms and Document at (Floridalegion.org) under resources
Don’t forget you can also receive valuable training while attending Department Convention and Fall Conference.
Please note, you need to complete Basic Training online before applying to attend Florida American Legion College.
The more you learn the more you can help your Post, District and Department to move forward, with the correct way of doing things.
If you still have questions email or call me at 352-226-4370, I will answer your questions.
Legion College Chair