1st Vice Commander – Stephen Shuga
2nd Vice Commander – Dianne Boland
3rd Vice Commander – William “Rick” Johnson
National Executive Committeeman – Dennis Boland
National Executive Committeeman Alternate – Art Schwabe
Sergeant at Arms – Doug Deierlein
Sergeant at Arms – Thomas J. Gora
Chaplain – Willie W. Branch
Chaplain – Steven Newman
6th District Commander – Daryl Bass, Sr.
8th District Commander – Dennis Walsh
9th District Commander – Donald P. Schwiesow
12th District Commander – Felix Ayala, Jr.
13th District Commander – Charles Weinberg
16th District Commander – John Sloat
Endorsement letters will be accepted for publication after September 1st for the coming year.
- Endorsement letters are accepted for the following positions:
- Department Commander
- Department Vice Commanders
- National Executive Committeeman and Alternate (during even numbered years only)
- Department Sergeant-at-Arms
- Department Chaplain
- Department Historian
- Area Commanders
- District Commanders
- Must be submitted from a Post
- On Post letterhead
- Contains the date of meeting the Post made the endorsement
- States that the members of the Post approved the endorsement at the meeting
- Contains a brief narrative (offices held, etc) explaining why individual should be considered
- Signed by two Post Officers (not including individual endorsed)
How to Submit
All endorsement letters must be mailed to the Department in its original hardcopy format. Endorsement letters faxed to the Department will not be accepted, as the quality is too low. An electronic version of the letter may be sent to the Department by email; however, a hardcopy of the letter is still required to verify the signatures before posting online and in Legion Link.
*Any letter that does not meet the above criteria will be returned to the Post for proper formatting and/or signatures. Only the first endorsement letter received for an individual running for an office will be posted on the Department Website. Subsequent endorsements for the same individual will be filed at the Department for future reference.